- I-75 from SR 78 to the Charlotte County line
- Caloosahatchee River Bridge Project
I-75 from north of SR 80 to south of SR 78
- I-75 from Luckett Road to SR 80
- I-75 from SR 82 to Luckett Road *
- I-75 from Colonial Boulevard to SR 82 *
- I-75 – Airport
- I-75/Bonita Beach Road Interchange
- I-75 from Tuckers Grade to North Jones Loop Road - completed
- I-75 Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) - completed
- I-75/SR 951 Interchange
- I-75/Alligator Alley Rest Area at Mile Marker 63 - completed
- * Two projects built as one job
Construction start: Fall 2012
Estimated completion: Spring 2015
Cost: $54.1 million
Design/build contractor: C3TS/Prince
Engineering and Inspection: Metric Engineering, Inc.
Project ID: 416649-2-52-01
Please click here to view/print Newsletter.
I-75 -- Airport Direct Connect from south of the Alico Road interchange (#128) to south of the Daniels Parkway interchange (#131): Construction project: Crews are paving ramps. The contractor will post detour signs to guide motorists. Emergency services will be able to travel through the closure if necessary.
- • During nighttime/overnight hours from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., Sunday, December 7 to Monday morning, December 8, crews will close the westbound to southbound Alico on-ramp (#128) to pave. Motorists wanting to enter I-75 southbound at Alico Road can continue under I-75, make a U-turn, and enter I-75 southbound from eastbound Alico Road.
- • During nighttime/overnight hours from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., Tuesday, December 9 to Thursday morning, December 11, crews will close the southbound Alico Road off-ramp (#128) to pave. During these hours, I-75 drivers southbound to Alico Road can use the Daniels Parkway exit (#131), travel east on Daniels Parkway, and travel south on Treeline Avenue/Ben Hill Griffin Parkway to Alico Road.
The I-75 -- Airport Direct Connect project builds a direct connection from I-75 to Southwest Florida International Airport. The project builds new northbound lanes parallel to I-75 south of the Alico Road interchange and new southbound lanes parallel to I-75 south of the Daniels Parkway interchange. Crews are constructing a bridge over I-75 and over Treeline Avenue/Ben Hill Griffin Parkway connecting the interstate to Terminal Access Road and the Midfield Terminal Complex. Project completion is expected spring 2015. Cost of the job is $54.1 million. The design/build team is Stantec (C3TS)/Prince.
About the design/build project
FDOT is building a direct connection from I-75 to Southwest Florida International Airport that delivers enhanced access from this strategic interstate corridor to one of the nation’s top 50 airports.
Using new northbound lanes parallel to I-75 south of the Alico Road interchange and new southbound lanes parallel to I-75 south of the Daniels Parkway interchange that bridges the interstate, traffic flows eastbound onto a becoming boulevard over Treeline Avenue/Ben Hill Griffin Parkway onto Terminal Access Road, the entrance to the airport. Motorists leaving the airport also will enjoy the same continuous connection returning to the interstate.
Along this attractive gateway, premier landscaping and aesthetics welcome both visitors to the area and residents back home. The I-75 – Airport Direct Connect will reduce congestion on local roads and move travelers, business people, commerce and industry more efficiently through southern Lee County.